Our resources make it easy to bring hospice and palliative care into the classroom
Experienced and new instructors will appreciate the resources and support included with the PSWs Instructor’s Package. This comprehensive package for educators teaching front line caregivers using the text, Integrating a Palliative Approach: Essentials for Personal Support Workers, Second Edition includes the following resources and companion supports:
- PSW’s Text— Integrating a Palliative Approach: Essentials for Personals Support Workers, Second Edition (ISBN 978-1-926923-16-1) Digital version
- PSW’s Workbook— Packed with reflective exercises, short and long answer questions, discussion and group activities, case studies, and object-oriented exercises. (ISBN 978-1-926923-17-8) Digital version
PowerPoint Teaching Presentations – Ready to us or customize to your location
PLUS 1 Year Membership Access to:
Instructor’s Guide— A complete roadmap for teaching and integrating hospice and palliative care content into the core curriculum. Based on national competencies and standards for providing hospice and palliative care. Using the Instructor’s Guide simplifies teaching preparation and enhances teaching impact.
These resources were developed specifically to address the learning needs of new PSW students, and PSWs in continuing education, about the principles and practices of caring for dying people.
The Instructors Guide provides educators with a template of strategies and teaching options, based on the text and companion resources of Integrating a Palliative Approach: Essentials for Personals Support Workers, and includes:
- Learning outcomes for each teaching session
- Step by step support for teaching each principle and concept of hospice and palliative care
- Pre-class preparation identified for students and instructors
- Lesson Plans that identify relevant PowerPoint presentations, text readings, workbook questions to address specific concepts, podcasts, and videos
There are no reviews yet.