The Nurse’s Basic Online package features the online resources:
- Text – Essentials in Hospice and Palliative Care: A Practical Resource for Every Nurse
- Podcasts and Videos*
Easy to access and use, the podcasts and videos teach the skills, knowledge, and attitudes you will need when caring for a dying person and their family. Topics include:
- Preparing to care
- Maintaining professional boundaries
- Integrating a palliative approach
- Managing common symptoms such as pain, difficult breathing, and delirium
- Practical strategies for supporting people experiencing loss and grief
- Providing care in the last days and hours
- Self-care: taking care of YOU!
* Students who used the podcast and video resources to learn palliative care reported feeling more confident and competent about providing palliative care than students who did not use the podcast and video resources.