Whether you’re looking for a developed hospice and palliative care curriculum, for modules to intersperse through your existing nursing program, for hospice aide and hospice volunteer training, or for continuing education in hospice and palliative care, Essentials in Hospice and Palliative Care: A Practical Resource for Every Nurse is for you.
This book was written specifically for nurses, for every nurse – because in your professional, personal, and community life, you provide care for dying people and their families.
The content of this book will help you provide excellent care by integrating a palliative approach, which is to incorporate the principles and practices of hospice and palliative care when caring for every person with a life-limiting illness, early in their disease process and across all care settings.
Essentials in Hospice and Palliative Care: A Practical Resource for Every Nurse provides you with knowledge, skills, and strategies for integrating a palliative approach, and as such, is an essential resource for every nurse.
Additionally, the text:
- Addresses ethical principles and issues through ethical touchstones
- Incorporates stories to help nurses develop cultural competence and cultural humility
- Highlights best practice interactions and ways of being
- Be encouraged to consider your role as a leader and advocate.
- Increase your confidence, competence, and compassion in caring for the dying person and their family
To request a review copy, or to find out how you can incorporate these resources into your existing training program, please contact us.
#Palliative #PalliativeCare #IntegratingAPalliativeApproach